Thursday, December 24, 2020

Planning for editing

 Hi, blog! In this blog, I will be talking about the planning me and my partner did for editing our short film. This was a long process because of the circumstances we are in currently. As a result of the upcoming holiday, My partner and I had to stay home and wait for the season to be over. We couldn't do that because of the upcoming deadline to submit the short film. I was originally supposed to go over to my partner's house and just edit on a single computer. But because of the holiday, we had to improvise quickly. After some brainstorming, my partner and I decided to use video chat software to talk to each other. It allowed us to share screens and see each other's faces at the same time. This program is called discord, and it ran very smoothly. The program also allowed us to edit together at the same time so that was a bonus too. The editing software my partner and I decided to use was called Hitfilm Express. Its a free software but it allowed us to do everything without a watermark or paywall. I've been familiar with this program for a while so this helped planning easier. So after getting everything installed, we decided to get everything on the computer. To do that I had to transfer everything from my phone to the computer. So I downloaded all the clips to google drive so I could access them on my computer. After that, I went to the website on my computer and downloaded them all. When I finished my partner and I decided to stop for the day and edit the following day. We are confident we can finish in a couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment