Friday, October 16, 2020

Research 9, the short

 Recently I just watched a short film called 9. It was mostly made by Shane Acker. Shane Acker is a director and producer who mostly makes short films. For this movie, he was the writer, producer, and director. This was an assignment provided by UCLA for a workshop. My impressions of this short film are pretty good. There wasn't exactly a plot but everything was straightforward enough to understand. Even though the short film was only 7 minutes long, I felt connected to the characters. Even though they never said a word, you could tell they had feelings. I also liked the idea of the characters not talking. They expressed more because of that. Another thing I liked was the characters themselves. Since there were only three characters, not much work was needed to express things. I liked how the monster took away 5 because it added to the suspense and it showed how much 9 was scared. The ragdoll was a cool concept but I felt like everything needed more backstory.  Another thing I liked about the short film was the pacing. It started off a little slow but it got straight to the point about a couple minutes in. One thing I didn't like was the lighting. I get how it was supposed to take place in a dystopian setting but not everything had to be so dark. Other than that, I really liked the short film.




No comments:

Post a Comment