Friday, October 16, 2020

Research 9, the feature film

Hi, blog, I just watched another version of the short film 9! My impressions of this movie are not so well compared to the short film, however. This movie was directed by Shane Acker. But it was not produced nor written by him. The film was produced by Jim Lemley, Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov, and Dana Ginsburg. The film was written by Pamela Pettler. To start off, I think this movie was well-produced, just not well written. To give context there are 10 main characters: 9 ragdolls and one human that created them. He created them to stop a war against robots that run off human souls (he also created them) and to save the human race. Each ragdoll has one part of his soul. The movie starts with one ragdoll (9) waking up and meeting another (5), but he gets captured and starts a whole journey. Along the way, he meets the rest of the ragdolls and ends up defeating the mega robot. I think the plot is good, but like I said before it's the writing that throws it off. The characters often don't make sense in my opinion and are easily persuaded. There's barely any emotion, and when there is, it doesn't seem right. There's some character development, but the pacing is way too fast to realize it. The things I liked about the movie were the fight scenes and the lighting. The fight scenes were choreographed really well and were directed perfectly. You can see everything progress in a smooth motion and clearly. Besides those reasons, I didn't really like the movie, but I didn't hate it at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment