Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: Finishing up the sound

In this blog, I'm going to tell you what happened in the last class. Right when we got to class, we were able to work on whatever we needed to for our final task. So in class, we continued editing our project. Two classes ago, we moved everything from our phone to our computer. The reason that we did this was because of how much quicker and easier it is to edit on the Mac version of iMovie. We got a lot done that period but not everything. So we decided we should finish the titles and sound. The first thing we did was download the sounds. Two classes ago, I got 3 No Copyright sounds that fit into our movie. But we ended up needing more sounds. So Roscoe and I went on YouTube and we found 3 more sounds that fit into our movie. After that, I went and downloaded all the mp3's of the sounds and I imported them into iMovie. Now I had to place all the sounds in the correct order. So first, I had to mute all the scenes that did not need sound. About half of the scenes did not need sound. Then I had to place the sounds in the correct order. I placed the natural city background noise in the beginning scenes, I put the first suspenseful music when Zeke starts running, I put the second suspenseful music when Paiges first scene happens, I put the happy music when Zeke puts in his headphones, I put the third suspenseful sound when the car starts following Zeke and I put all the dialogue where it needed to be. After that, we were done with the sound process. The whole group liked most of it, we had to change one sound that did not fit the whole theme of the movie. Besides that, the sound editing process went well. When I finished Zeke did all the titles in the correct order and we finished for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment