Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task

     Hello, I am a 9th grader named Elijah. Now it's been half a year since I've started AICE Media Studies and I'm starting my final project. This class has been a good journey for me. I have learned so many things about films and different types of media that I never knew before. For this final project, we are making a title and the first two minutes of a movie. We have to do this all from scratch and submit it to Cambridge around the end of this semester. In this project, I have partnered with Zeke, Paige, and Roscoe again. We have agreed to comply with each other and we will become an even better team than before.
     Like I've said before I have learned many things in this class. For example, I learned how to film shots, import those shots to my computer, and edit them. I also learned the different types of camera angles, sounds, editing ways, and mise-en-scene. Some talents that I've learned is getting good lighting and how to edit quickly. For this project, I'm excited about many things. I'm excited about making a plot for our movie, filming it, and editing it. I think this will turn out well. Another quick thing I'm excited about is the experience I'm going to get from doing this. In the future, I want to be in the film scene and this can give me a good glimpse of it.
     Getting into filmmaking you need a pitch. A pitch is a "Hollywood" term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated into 25 words or less. It's pretty much a way of giving a summarized plot for people to understand easily. We came up with 3 pitch ideas. Our first pitch is "The main character wakes up to find out that he is a ghost. He goes on a journey to figure out how he dies". The next pitch is "Main characters find themselves involved in some dangerous business and go on trying to escape their captures and keep themselves from life in a cell". Our final pitch is "A friendly paintball game turns into a deadly situation once all of the paintballs become toxic. Players go on a quest to same their teammates."

No comments:

Post a Comment